| SPOILER WARNING!!
This article contains information from the most recent chapter(s). It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
|Date of Birth||25th November|
|Voice Actor||Jeena Frego|
Houshi Kaze (Valerie / Kaze (Ka-zay)) is one of the ancient ones that were reincarnated through the tarots. She turns her back on the Allied Forces and joins the Sahar Army instead. She is also Cloud Watcher's recurring opponent. With no memories whatsoever about her past self, she spent countless hours each day training outside the Terminus fortress. Eventually she grew weary of being with the 'weaklings' within the Allied Forces, and joins the Sahar Army with the selfish thought of 'destroying all those weaker than her'.
Loud-mouthed, blood-lusting and always aiming for victory over those weaker than her, she is basically a battle-addicted girl with a pinch of psychopathic in her personality. Most of the time, even when she wins, she continues beating up her fallen opponent to the extent of killing them.
Her obsession with Archane often leads to her attempting to kill Eleina to get her out of the picture. The murder attempts happen on a daily basis, until Archane decides to keep Eleina close to him at all times later in the series.
Upon befriending Eleina, Kaze's psychopathic personality slowly tones down and she becomes gentler and caring for Eleina. Her bloodlust for battle also comes to a halt as she becomes more interested in being by the elf's side.
AppearanceKaze has long, greyish-white hair that reaches down to her waist. Her hair points out messily near the top of her head. She occasionally ties her hair together in a loose ponytail, though at other times just leaves it hanging down freely. Her eyes are an eerie tint of yellow that brings out her psychopathic personality.
She is often seen wearing orange, long-sleeved and shoulderless tops over a black chemise.
- Kaze is originally a re-make of Vongola Undicescimo's Kaze, thus she was not an original Iris Online player character.
Abilities + Weapons
Though it seems like she uses wind magic, she actually bears weapons, which are easily hidden within her swift movements. Like her name Kaze (meaning 'wind'), she strikes like the wind in a hurricane, strong enough to cut through steel.
Upon joining Archane's ranks, she gets along well with the silent Paleon, whom later becomes her partner. They are also seen walking together in the castle sometimes, though they have never spoken to one another.
Seeing that Paleon would always get hurt after conflicting with Senel, Kaze unconciously builds a great hatred towards him, swearing that she would kill him with her own hands if anything were to happen to Paleon.
The both of them would always battle each other whenever they catch sight of one another on the battlefield. Kaze would emerge victorious most of the time.
- It is also known that their "earlier selves", Shin Hibari and Kazeno Hakuori, were recurring enemies in Vongola Undicescimo as well.
Kaze absolutely hates her as Archane has shown to have feelings for the elf rather than her. Often times she would attempt to kill or torture Eleina to get her out of the picture, only to be stopped by Archane himself. Due to her rash acts, Archane now keeps Eleina close to him all the time, much to Kaze's disappointment.
- After being defeated by Cloud later in the series, she becomes a reject and a failure within the Sahar army, completely unaccepted by Archane himself. As Kaze was about to give up and let herself bleed to death, Eleina approached her and helped her get back up to return to the Sahar castle and treat her wounds.
- From this point, Kaze's obsession with Arcane fades away and she grows attracted to and protective of Eleina instead.
The two of them actually meet up for tea at a not-so-secret treehouse located in Ursadine Highlands every week to share and rant about their 'love issues'; namely Kaze's obsession for Archane (and occasionally her hatred for Eleina), and Hisaka's ever-growing feelings for Kagiri.
Relentless, sly, traitorous and cold. The Battle of Ninetails from Okami best describes Kaze whole.
The opening symbolizes the 'curse' and the 'despair' that would be caused by her appearance on any battlefield.
A Techno Metal Music by The Andrea Lonardoni Group and Johnny Beretta plays as Cloud and Valerie's battle theme. It portrays their fierceness in conflict and a their competetiveness of each other.
- She was also an antagonist for Vongola Undicescimo, named Kazeno Hakuori by her owner. She appears again in ArcIris as a different person, but technically is still the same and under the same owner.
- She is one of the few people who can speak and understand the forgotten Ancient Arcanian and Decomian languages.
- She doesn't remember her past life at all, and it remains unknown for the remainder of the series.